Best Bride
     HOME TOURMENU CONTACT
 
 Tours
     General tour information
   St.Petersburg
   Volgograd
   Nizhny Novgorod
   Kazan
   Veliky Novgorod
   Rostov-na-Donu
   Kiev
   Donetsk
   Dnepropetrovsk
   Kharkov
   Odessa
   Krivoy Rog
   Crimea
   Zaporozhye
   Poltava
   Mariupol
   Vinnitsa
   Kherson
   Sumy
   Cartagena
   Barranquilla
   Lima, Peru
   Machu-Picchu, Peru NEW
   Costa Rica
   Multiply City Tour
   ThailandNEW
   PhilippinesNEW
   Asian Tour Order
 Tour services
     Reservation Form
   Video testimonials
   Tour Dates and Prices
   Recent Tours Photos
   Your Tour Experience
   Three Socials
   New Applicant Interviews
   The Hospitality Suite
   Typical Tour Itinerary
   FAQs
   Items To Consider...
   Tour Summary
   

FEODOSIYA

City on the shores of Feodosiya Bay, 116 km from Simferopol, a railway station. Population: approximately 80,000.

Founded in 6 B.C. Was destroyed by the Huns in the 4th c. and by the Alans in the 5th-6th c. Was the main slave-trading market during the 16th-17th c. In 1616 Ukrainian Kozaks, under the command of Hetman Petro Konashevych-Sahaydachny, attacked Kafa, destroyed the Turkish fleet, and liberated many captives. In 1667 a similar attack was led by Kozak chieftain I. Sirko.

HISTORICAL AND ARCHITECTURAL MONUMENTS

ARMENIAN CHURCH OF ARCHANGELS MYKHAYIL AND HAVRYIL (MICHAEL AND GABRIEL), 1408.
Built in the style of Armenian church archi-tecture. Restored in 1967-1970.

GENOESE FORTRESS, 14th c.
Located in the northern part of the city, above Feodosiya Bay. Was a citadel of ancient Kafa's (Feodosiya) city fortifications. In the 18th and 19th c. most of the structures were dismantled. The following structures are located on the territory of the fortress: Tower of Klyment (1348), Tower of Krisko (14th c.), Armenian church of Ioann Predtecha (John the Baptist) (1348), St. Ioan Bohoslov (St. John the Divine) (14th c.), St. Heorhiy (St. George) (14th c.), St. Stefan (14th c.), et al. Many structures have been restored.

CITY FORTRESS, 14th c.
Located in the old part of the city. In 1266 the Genoese wrested control over Kafa from the Golden Horde. In the 14th c. they began to build the fortress. Located on its territory are the fortress walls (14th c.), tower of St. Konstantyn (Constantine) (1382-1448), tower of St. Foma (St. Thomas) (1373), tower of G. di Scaffa (1342).

Back to the Crimea Photo Gallery

Best Brides

7320 N Dreamy Draw Drive
Phoenix, Arizona 85020
(602) 553-8178
FAX (602) 468-1119

Contact Us

THIS PROGRAM IS THE SOLE PROPERTY OF BEST BRIDES AND MAY NOT BE COPIED IN ANY WAY OR FORM WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION FROM BEST BRIDES.

© COPYRIGHT 1996-2017 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Copyright  2000-2006